In this video, Dr. Berg talks about the damage control from your cheat day on a ketogenic diet plan. Cheat day damage causes the spike in insulin which is also the root cause of fatty liver, oxidation damaged in arteries, and many other problems.
1. Food with Nutrients – you need to consume nutrient-dense foods. When you have nutrients despite having high carbohydrates, it will decrease the complications from the damage of high sugar causes. Refined Foods has no vitamins and minerals
2. Type of Sugar – Glucose, Fructose, HFCS, Agave, Table Sugar, Beet Sugar
3. Fiber – Lower Insulin
4. Organic vs. GMO – Corn, Soy
5. Avoid MSG – it will spike the insulin by 300%.
6. Consume Apple Cider Vinegar
7. Consume Potassium, Magnesium, B1 and Vitamin D
9. Fasting – Fast longer to make up the damage from the cheat meal.
10. Cheat meal – Don’t Spread it Out for a long period of time