The gallbladder is very important. It helps you store and concentrate bile salts. Your liver and friendly bacteria also make bile.
About 95-97% of all the bile the body makes is actually recycled. Typically, when people take bile salts as a supplement, they take them with a meal or just after they eat. Bile salts can help with bloating, belching, burping, and nausea.
The primary function of bile salts that most people know of is the extraction of fat-soluble vitamins from the fat in your diet. However, there are many other benefits of purified bile salts. There are also benefits of taking them on an empty stomach. For the benefits of bile salts below, I believe it may be best to take them on an empty stomach. I would take one in the morning and one in the afternoon.
9 potential benefits of purified bile salts:
1. Bile salts can help decrease the risk of gallstones
2. Bile salts can help you extract fat-soluble vitamins (A, E, D, and K) and omega-3 fatty acids
3. Bile salts can help with constipation
4. Bile salts can help you convert thyroid hormones
5. Bile salts can act as a VDR agonist 6. Bile salts can help decrease pain
7. Bile salts can help reduce the risk of SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth)
8. Bile salts can help reduce liver inflammation
9. Biles salts can help reduce the toxic load and help regulate excess cholesterol