01:16 Research key message
02:05 2 ways that your cells burn energy
03:18 Viruses rely on your cellular metabolism
04:32 CHANGE YOUR CELLULAR METABOLISM & YOU CHANGE HOW IT REPLICATES (sugar burners increase viral)
05:35 Ketogenic diet and Covid
06:32 Fasting and Covid
08:16 2 approaches that we can take right now Dr. Mindy’s Coffee Organic Coffee Raw cream MCT oil Cinamon
*** NOTES: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/arti…
A diet regimen of ketogenic breakfast along with supplementation with two doses of lauric acid-rich MCTs at breakfast and lunch times, followed by 8–12-h IF and a dinner rich with fruits and vegetables, could be a potential prophylactic strategy and adjuvant therapy to combat SARS-CoV-2 infections.
1. VIRUSES RELY ON YOUR CELLULAR METABOLISM (fat burner vs sugar burner) -”viruses are parasites that lack a defined metabolism,” -”thus rely on the host cell metabolism for the acquisition of raw materials and energy necessary for their biological processes”
2. GROWTH & REPLICATION OF THE VIRUS DETERMINED BY HEALTH OF CELL “Preliminary findings suggest a role for the dietary intakes and nutritional status in favoring or disfavoring the body environment required for viral growth and replication and signify the importance of dietary factors in the battle against the pandemic infection”
3.CHANGE YOUR CELLULAR METABOLISM & YOU CHANGE HOW IT REPLICATES (sugar burners increase viral “Interestingly, dietary modifications have been proposed, including fasting and caloric restrictions, as one of the approaches to alter metabolic pathways”
4. BEST CELLULAR METABOLISM TO HALT VIRAL REPLICATION “Halting intakes of dietary long-chain fatty acids (LCFA) and supplementation with medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs) can result in negative energy balance and weight loss by increasing host energy expenditure and lipid oxidation, which disfavor the microenvironment of viral replication”
5. DIET THAT FAVORS VIRAL REPLICATION -sugar burner -eat all day -high carbohydrate -high long-chain fatty acids (LCFA) (invite the virus into the cell)
6. COVID DIET? A better understanding of SARS-CoV-2-induced metabolic alterations may lead to the design of a special dietary approach that can switch the metabolic environment to disfavor the existence of the virus in the human body. -Breakfast rich in MCT oil (20grams of MCT oil)
-Follow that with an 8-12 hour fast -Lunch (20grms MCT oil) -Dinner (fiber from fruit, veggies, & minerals) -What contains MCT oil? -coconut oil -grass fed dairy -coconut meat & cream -palm kernel oil
A breakfast enriched with ketogenic MCT via coconut oil enriched with LA/caprylic acid and monounsaturated long-chain fatty acid (oleic acid 18:1 omega-9) from olive oil rich in antioxidant and anti-inflammatory bioactive phytochemicals.
Breakfast with more protein foods prepared with MCT oil (coconut oil) can trigger the ketogenic pathway and hence supposed to repress the viral replication.
Following breakfast supplemented with 20-g ketogenic MCT drink and keeping an 8–12 h fasting can trigger the ketogenic pathway and allow for cellular activation of the autophagy pathway and hence proposed to ameliorate the SARS-CoV-2 viral replication.
At lunch time, subjects are given 20-g ketogenic MCT drink without a meal.
After the 8–12 fasting period, a dinner with a balanced diet can provide the required amount of carbohydrates, and fibers from fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins and minerals are important for boosting the immunity against SARS-CoV-2 infection.
LINKS: Are oils worse than sugar? – With Dr. Cate Shanahan https://drmindypelz.com/are-oils-wors…
MCT OIL https://bit.ly/3g7X6pJ